Former Iraqi parliamentarian: We will fight until the airspace is closed to Turkey

  • actual
  • 11:28 12 November 2022
  • |
img
NEWS CENTER - Speaking about the "Stay Away from Us" petition launched to stop Turkey's attacks, former Iraqi parliamentarian Rêzan Şêx Dîler said: "We will continue our work until the Hewler airspace is closed to Turkey."
 
The attacks launched by Turkey on Avaşîn, Zap and Metîna regions of the Federated Kurdistan Region on April 17 with the support of the KDP have left their sixth month behind. Turkey and the KDP, who could get the desired results from the attacks, started using chemical weapons . Turkey, which has been declared to have used chemical weapons more than 2,500 times in 6 months, continues these attacks.
 
A group of women from the Federal Kurdistan Region and different parts of Iraq  launched a "Stay Away from Us" petition against Turkey's air strikes september 25 to draw attention to the attacks and demand that the United Nations (UN) and Iraqi government ban the airspace. Women, who aimed for 1 million signatures at the beginning of the campaign, gathered more than 1 million signatures.
 
One of the campaigners, former Iraqi parliamentarian Rêzan Shex Dîler spoke to the Mesopotamia Agency (MA) about Turkey's attacks, the use of chemical weapons in these attacks and the petition campaign.
 
THE CHEMICAL WEAPONS OF TURKEY
 
Noting that Turkey openly uses chemical weapons, Dîler said: "We know very well that the Turkish state openly uses chemical weapons in Bashur Kurdistan. The use of chemical weapons is illegal and has no legal side. Turkey's chemicals cause great harm to the region. KDP does not allow the delegations coming to the region to inspect them. I think this is a political decision. Whoever supports and approves these attacks and has a hand in these massacres is a great betrayal to these people."
 
CONDEMNATION AGAINST THE ATTACKS
 
Reminding that Turkey bombed the area where Arab tourists are located in Zaxo, Dîler said: “There are places that were bombed in the region. The Iraqi parliament had previously decided that all foreign forces in the region should leave Iraq. This decision was clear after Turkey's attack on Arab tourists in Zaxo. In the session after that attack, the Iraqi parliament, the Iraqi Foreign Minister and the United Nations Security Council condemned the Turkish state's attack and called on all Arab countries not to remain silent. The Iraqi Government and the Federated Kurdistan Region Government do not have the power to stop the attacks of the Turkish state. Neither the Federal Kurdistan Region Government nor the Iraqi Government can stop these attacks. Turkey is attacking very easily because they do not have the power to stop Turkey."
 
THE CAMPAIGN WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO BASHUR
 
Drawing attention to the petition launched to stop the attacks against the region, Dîler said: "As women, we started a petition to stop these attacks. We continued this campaign all over Iraq, especially in Baghdad. The public has great interest in this campaign. We collected these signatures in the European Parliament. We will take it to Turkey. At the same time, we will share it with the UN. We want to carry out this campaign not only in Bashur Kurdistan, but also in four other parts. We have a great effort to stop Turkey's attacks. Our target is that the United Nations (UN) and the European Parliament should stop these attacks immediately.”
 
'WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE AIRSPACE IS CLOSED'
 
Noting that they will continue their campaign until the attacks are stopped, Dîler said: "More than 1 million signatures have been collected against this so far. Maybe our voice is not at the desired level. But we will raise our voice to the highest level and make it heard with the help of our friends. We will continue both our campaign and our work until Hewler airspace is closed to Turkey.”
 

View More Articles

12:31 Citizens look for food and water in half-destroyed İslahiye
12:21 Earthquake Victims: A city was destroyed
10:59 Where were the earthquake taxes of the people spent?
10:16 Third day of the earthquake: The overall death toll is 6 thousand 234
08:54 State of Emergency decision in the Official Gazette
07/02/2023
18:54 Investigation against journalists after the state of emergency
18:29 Tayip Temel: Government turns the disaster into an opportunity with the state of emergency
16:34 After 36 hours, search and rescue team is at the wreckage
16:03 State of Emergency declared in 10 provinces of earthquake zone
15:21 Search and rescue efforts in Iskenderun started after 30 hours
14:11 No team, no news from districts and villages
13:43 Entrance to Maraş, Hatay and Adıyaman been stopped
13:26 Request for help from under the rubble in Adıyaman
12:41 Condemnation the claim of Erdoğan that 'AFAD has arrived': They took a picture and left
12:20 After the earthquake in Çukurova: There is no state
12:06 The second day of the earthquake: Public condemned government
11:15 A collapse occurred on the walls of Diyarbakır
10:20 The death toll climbed to 3 thousand 381
10:02 First night in Malatya: We were left alone
09:30 Half of İslahiye was destroyed!
09:24 The number of people who lost their lives increased to 2 thousand 379
09:10 People are under rubble in Semsûr: No search and rescue efforts
06/02/2023
18:25 WHO: We are concerned about the regions that we cannot hear from
17:29 New balance sheet from AFAD: 1121 people lost their lives
17:01 People march to the governorship in Diyarbakır
16:30 Kenanoğlu: Earthquake zones cannot be reached except by helicopter
16:23 AFAD: 1014 people lost their lives
15:11 EU countries and Russia send rescue teams to Turkey
15:01 Another 7.5 magnitude earthquake in Maraş
14:51 Erdoğan: 912 people died in the earthquake so far
14:44 84-year earthquake state OF Turkey: 56 thousand 65 people lost their lives
14:07 Call from KCK for mobilization for earthquake
14:01 HDP established a Crisis Coordination Center for the earthquake
11:39 The Netherlands-based research center warned Turkey on February 3!
11:29 Severe earthquakes in Kurdistan: 284 deaths, thousands of people under rubble
11:09 Gemlik march postponed: Emergency call for earthquake victims
10:54 Maraş earthquake: 237 people lost their lives in Syria
09:54 Maraş Governor: The damage is serious
09:53 140 buildings were destroyed in Malatya, 23 people lost their lives
08:33 Many people are under rubble in Diyarbakır: Search and rescue teams are insufficient
08:24 Earthquake in Kurdistan: At least 76 dead
08:18 Severe earthquakes in Kurdistan: Hundreds of buildings collapsed in many cities
05/02/2023
17:08 Konca: Women complete the project of Abdullah Öcalan
17:05 Şenyaşar family: All we need in this process is solidarity
12:21 Kurdish language removed from appliacation form of elective courses
04/02/2023
16:32 Seriously ill prisoner liberated after 30 years
16:04 Şenyaşar family: Justice is lost in Urfa
16:00 The mobility of ISIS in the region is increasing with international support
15:31 Always the same determination from the first action to the last action
13:12 Visiting prisoners is de facto blocked