The address of the police cannot be found in the dog torture case!

  • actual
  • 15:54 29 September 2022
  • |
DİYARBAKIR - Diyarbakır Police Department cannot reach police Serdar Gök, who has an arrest warrant, in the case where he was charged with assaulting the Menice-Şeyhmus Yılmaz couple.
In the case regarding the injuries of Menice and Şeyhmus Yılmaz couple, whose door was broken during the operation launched to apprehend Muhammed Emin Cura, who killed police Atakan Arslan in Bağlar district of Diyarbakır Police Department, as a result of a dog being released on them, the accused police cannot reach Serdar Gök. In the case where police officer Serdar Gök, who was the dog keeper of the incident on May 31, 2020, was tried for "intentional injury by misusing public office", an arrest warrant was issued for Gök. Diyarbakır central Bağlar District Police Department was notified to fulfill the requirements of the search warrant issued at the hearing held on 23 May. However, Bağlar District Police Department informed the court that they could not reach Gök, who is still on duty at Diyarbakır Police Department.
The Diyarbakır 4th Criminal Court of First Instance issued an order for him to be brought back to the police station by force in order to apprehend Gök, who was on duty at the Diyarbakır Police Department, and to prepare him for the next hearing. The court decided to write a warrant to the Bağlar District Police Department in order to determine the address of the accused by making the necessary research in case Gök's address is not available.
In the hearing held with the participation of Menice-Şeyhmus Yılmaz, who was attacked with a dog, and their lawyer Selameddin Varol, the court also decided to listen to the police officers at the scene.
During the operation launched for the capture of Muhammed Emin Cura, who killed police Atakan Arslan in the Bağlar district of Diyarbakır, a dog was attacked by the couple Menice and Şeyhmus Yılmaz, whose door was broken into. Diyarbakır Chief Public Prosecutor's Office has prepared an indictment against police officer Serdar G., who was the dog keeper of the incident on May 31, 2020, on the charge of "intentionally injuring by abuse of public office".
Diyarbakir Governor's Office Provincial Police Disciplinary Board conducted an administrative investigation against Gök in terms of "attitudes and behaviors contrary to the rules of courtesy". The Board decided that there was no need to impose a disciplinary penalty, since the crime against him was not clear.
Gök came to the fore with the second dog attack after a short while. 26 days after the Menice-Şeyhmus Yılmaz couple was attacked with a dog, Gök tortured Sevil Rojbin Çetin, a member of the Free Women's Movement (Tevgera Jinên Azad-TJA), with a dog. As part of an investigation carried out by the Mardin Chief Public Prosecutor's Office, a dog was released on Çetin, who was detained in a raid on his house in Diyarbakır on June 26, 2020, and Çetin was injured in various parts. A lawsuit was filed against Gök for "simple injury" at the Diyarbakır 9th Criminal Court of First Instance. Gök's trial in this case continues.